Breast cancer is a form of cancer that begins in the breasts. Breast cancer can be classified into two types:
Ductal Carcinoma – Cancer begins in the tubes called ducts that transfer milk from the breast to the nipple. Cancers of this type are the most common.
Lobular Carcinoma – This cancer begins in the part of the breast, known as the lobules, which give milk.
Recommended: Breast Cancer Treatment in India
Treatment depends on:
- Type of breast cancer.
- Stage of cancer.
- Whether the cancer is sensitive to certain hormones.
- The presence of more than the HER2/neu protein in cancer.
Cancer treatments include:
- Hormonal therapy.
- Chemotherapy, this medicine is used to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy. It is used to damage cancerous tissues.
- Surgery to eliminate cancerous tissue.
- Through targeted therapy, this medicine is used to combat the gene change that occurs in cancer cells. An example of targeted therapy is hormone therapy. It restricts some hormones that help in the growth of cancer cells.
Modern and advanced cancer treatments enable people with breast cancer to live longer and healthier life. Factors that regulate the risk of recurrence and the possibility of successful treatment include:
- Position of the tumor and its growth.
- Either a tumor is hormone receptor-positive or negative.
- Tumor label.
- The appearance of genes.
- Size and shape of the tumor.
- Rate of cell division and growth of a tumor.
Helpful: What is Breast cancer?
What does Breast Cancer Treatment cost in India?
Breast Cancer Surgery cost in India ranges from 2500 to 4500 USD. Radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and surgery are all part of the treatment. It may cost about 6000 – 8000 USD. There are different types of factors that affect the cost of breast cancer:
- Type of surgery.
- Doctor’s fee.
- Hospital selected.
- Days in and outside the hospitals.
- Days in and outside the hospital.
- Days in the ICU.