Diagnosis for performing IVF Treatment
IVF treatment is commonly used in infertility cases. It is due to:
- The woman is over the age limit.
- Injured or blocked fallopian tubes.
- Reduced sperm count and obstruction are responsible for male infertility.
- Insoluble infertility.
- Ovulation disability, uterine fibroids.
- You may be interested in: What is IVF?
Procedure of IVF Treatment
I: Stimulation of ovaries also called super ovulation
- Medications, such as fertility drugs, are prescribed to increase egg production in women.
- Blood tests to observe hormone levels and ultrasound to examine the function of the ovaries from time to time.
II: Egg retrieval/ follicular aspiration
- It is a procedure known as follicular aspiration. Basically, it is done to remove the eggs from a woman’s body.
- This procedure is performed for outpatients under sedation with no cut. Under the guidance of an ultrasound specialist, a thin needle is inserted into the ovary and sacs (follicles) which contain the eggs. The needle is attached to a suction tool, which drags the eggs and fluid out of each follicle, at one time.
- Repetition of this procedure for the other surgery.
- In some cases, a laparoscopy procedure is used to eliminate the eggs.
- If a woman is not able to produce eggs, donor eggs can be used for fertilization.
- Sperms are combined with the finest quality eggs. The mixture of sperm and egg is known as insemination.
- In some cases, sperm can be directly injected into the egg. This process is called intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
- Most of the doctors used the ICSI method on some of the eggs, though things appear to be normal.
IV: Transfer of embryo to the uterus
- When the fertilized eggs split, they formed an embryo. Laboratory staff will check the embryo from time to time to assure its proper growth. In less than 5 days, a normal embryo has various cells that are actively divided.
- Embryos are inserted into the uterus 3 to 5 days after fertilization with a catheter.
- If an embryo is placed in the lining of the womb and grows, the pregnancy+ result will be shown.
- If more than one embryo is inserted into the uterus at one time. It may cause twins, triplets, and more.
After the Procedure of IVF
- For the remainder of the week, take advice. Most of the women get back to normal activities the next day.
- Complete bed rest is not needed.
- It is recommended to take daily hormone progesterone for 8 – 10 weeks for the normal period of pregnancy and to avoid miscarriage.
- An embryo transfer can be followed by a pregnancy test around 12 to 14 days later.
Complications of IVF treatment
- The possibility of multiple pregnancies due to the insertion of more than one embryo in the uterus leads to a high risk of premature birth and low birth weight.
- The placing of eggs leads to bleeding, infection, and injury to the ovaries and nearby structures.
- There may be short-term obstruction after the egg is inserted, which may last for a day or two.
- Most couples experience psychological stress and depression, particularly after unsuccessful IVF treatment.
- This treatment is an ongoing challenge both economically and emotionally.
- In rare cases, this fertility medication can lead to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
Factors affecting IVF Treatment cost in India
India provides the finest IVF treatment at a cheaper rate in comparison with western countries such as Brazil, Thailand, and Mexico. IVF treatment in India is based on several factors which include:
- The hospital, the patient chooses.
- Many IVF centers in Bangalore provide you with cost-effective, cheapest IVF treatment with high success rates. IVF center Indira offers a variety of fertility treatment options including low sperm count IVF. These centers are well organized with luxurious facilities like medical tools, etc to make patients feel better.
- The team of doctors charges a fee.
- Standard test and diagnostic procedure.
- Cost of the procedure.
- The cost of protection and care during and after the procedure.