No. of Travellers - 2 | Days in Hospital - 1 | Days Outside Hospital - 4 | Total days in India - 5
“Robotic Replacement Surgery” Locations
About “Robotic Replacement Surgery”
What is Robotic Replacement Surgery?
Robotic surgery is a new revolution in medical science today. Robotic surgery refers to the use of machines controlled by doctors to execute surgical procedures. The word is derived from the Czech word for forced labor. Robotic surgery is also known as robot-assisted surgery. It enables doctors to carry out different types of complicated procedures with more accuracy, variability, and management than traditional techniques. It enables surgeons to get relief from frequent labor. It requires the skill of a surgeon. Robotic surgery is mainly used to reduce labor costs. This surgery was performed through a small cut to remove undesirable movement and improve surgical ability.
How does Robotic surgery perform?
It is performed using a robot. The surgeons make small cuts in your body and place mini instruments, a three-dimensional camera, and a mechanical arm. The surgeon controls these arms with the help of a computer. The computer gives the surgeon a high-definition, magnified, 3D view of the surgical area. The surgeon guides other team members who help throughout the operation. Robotic-assisted surgery is a masterful procedure in which your surgeon controls the instruments and the movements of the instruments are converted into movements in your body. Your surgeon controls the whole process. The surgical instrument works as per the direction your surgeon provides.
What conditions does Robotic surgery perform?
Several conditions are treated with robotic surgery. These may include:
- Colorectal surgery
- Hip surgery
- Knee surgery
- Heart surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- ACL surgery
- Head and Neck surgery
- Urology surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- General surgery
What are the benefits of Robotic surgery?
There are numerous benefits to robotic surgery. With short-term recovery, robotic surgery benefits both directly and indirectly. The surgeon has clear visualization, which leads to more exact surgery. Some other benefits may include:
- Your surgeon has a broad range of movement and ability.
- As part of the procedure, your surgeon will be able to see a highly magnified and high-resolution image.
- Your surgeon can better approach the area they will operate in.
- The duration of staying in the hospital becomes shorter.
- Lower the risk of infection.
- Almost no blood loss and hardly any blood transfusions.
- Less pain.
- Quick recovery.
- Rapidly return to your normal activities.
What are the side effects of Robotic surgery?
Every surgery has some risks and complications. It can be a risk of human error in operating robotic machines and some mechanical failure. Some of the other risks include:
- There is a defect in multiple parts of the system, such as the camera, robotic arms, robotic tower, and instruments.
- Bending occurs when the electrical current on the robotic instrument leaves the robotic arm and is diverted to nearby tissue. This can cause sparks and burns. This leads to damage to tissue.
- It is available only in centers that can afford robotic technology and need specially trained and experienced surgeons.
- If you have any scars, tissue, or any kind of complication due to previous surgeries done by your surgeon. Your surgeon needs to convert an open procedure with large cuts to make it difficult for robotic technology to complete the procedure.
- Risk of nerve damage and contraction.
- Defects in robotic instruments are rare.
What are the factors that affect the cost of Robotic surgery in India?
Some of the factors that determine the cost of robotic surgery in India include:
- Age of the patient.
- Health conditions of the patient.
- Type of surgery performed.
- Admission fee.
- Doctor’s fees.
- Post-surgical complications.
- The admission room was chosen.
- Lab tests or examinations such as X-rays, and ECG.
How long does it take to heal after robotic surgery?
- Time taken to heal from robotic surgery is shorter and less painful. It takes 3 to 4 weeks for abdominal incisions to heal completely. Its recovery process is faster. You are advised not to lift heavy objects during recovery.
How much does robotic surgery cost in India?
- The cost of robotic surgery in India depends on several factors such as hospital, type of surgery, selection of room, number of nights and insurance benefits, and doctor and team fees. Typically, it ranges between 1,70,000 and 4,75,000.
Is Robotic surgery painful?
- Pain and physical damage are minimal in comparison to open surgery. Patients experience less pain, less risk, and a faster recovery. It is an improvement in all aspects of surgery.
What is the list of robotic surgeries in India?
- Some of the robotic surgeries in India. It includes:
- Kidney Cancer Surgery
- Bladder Cancer Surgery
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- Pediatric Robotic Surgery
- HIFU Prostate Cancer Treatment