Nowadays, facelift surgery is a popular treatment. The face gradually loses its brightness as we get older or as a result of mental stress. Fine lines and wrinkles begin to appear around the nose and mouth, giving the face an aged appearance and causing the person in question to lose confidence. However, these unwelcome issues can be easily resolved through facelift surgery. Not only does your face make you appear younger, but it also makes you feel younger inside.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FACELIFT TREATMENT?
Skin elasticity: Skin that still has some flexibility should be a suitable candidate for a facelift. Because facelifts stretch the skin on the face to get rid of wrinkles, this is critical. Having skin that is still adequately supplied is essential for a successful healing process and maximum recovery.
Structure of solid bones: A person who is a suitable candidate for a facelift should have a well-defined underlying bone structure because it will support them and help them get positive results. Facial implants can be used in place of or in addition to a facelift for people with weak features.
Realistic hopes and dreams: A person who is a suitable candidate for a facelift should be aware of both the benefits and drawbacks of facial plastic surgery. A patient can obtain the information they need to make an informed decision regarding facelift surgery by consulting a qualified plastic surgeon.
Good health as a whole: A person who is a suitable candidate for a facelift should be generally healthy and will tell their surgeon about any existing medical conditions well in advance. The patient must be physically ready for surgery because a facelift is an invasive procedure that requires extensive healing and recovery.
TYPES OF FACELIFT SURGERY
The Full Facelift is a procedure that tightens the facial skin all over the face. In order to achieve matching results for the face and neck, a neck lift is carried out simultaneously.
- Upper Facelift: This procedure focuses on the upper half of the face, particularly the cheeks and jawline.
- The lower third of the face, including the jowls and upper neck area, is the focus of the Lower Face and Neck Lift procedure. Excessive skin is removed and the underlying structures are tightened.
- With a suture neck lift, the skin on the neck is reshaped to create a contour that is more youthful without removing any skin. The sagging tissues can be held in place with dermal collagen strips made from bovine (cow) tissue. Your own natural human tissue eventually takes the place of the bovine filler.
- Lower Face and Neck: This procedure is done to make sagging in the lower face and neck look better.
- Classic Neck Lift: The primary objective of this procedure is to restore the sharp neck contour by removing excess, saggy skin from the neck area.
- The S-Lift: Patients with sagging along the jawline and top half of the neck will benefit greatly from this procedure. A muscle reattachment technique, tightening of the facial support system (known as SMAS), and, if necessary, liposuction is used by a surgeon to carry out neck reconstruction.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF HAVING A FACELIFT?
After the facelift, there is little pain, which can be alleviated with oral medications for a day or two. In 7 to 14 days, swelling and bruises go away. After that, the patient will be able to return to work and social situations. However, they might be told to stay out of the sun for a few weeks. The hairline conceals scars, which will gradually fade with time. The effects typically last between 10 and 15 years.
WHY TRAVEL TO INDIA FOR FACELIFT SURGERY?
- India offers low-cost facelift surgery.
- India’s medical tourism industry is growing by 30% annually.
- The main advantage is how much money can be saved on medical care and surgeries. While many of India’s international hospitals offer top-notch services, state-of-the-art infrastructure, the finest facelift surgeons in the world, and a price tag that is a fraction of what it would be in developed nations,
- There are no long wait times or issues with insurance or a lack of doctors, among other things.
- The Indian government is aware of the lucrative potential of medical tourism. Introducing tax incentives for hospitals and a special visa category for patients known as a “medical visa” has made travel easier.
You may be interested in: Medical Tourism for Cosmetic Surgery: A Guide for Patients
What are the potential side effects and risks of having a facelift?
- It is possible to feel numbness, tingling, and temporary swelling. The area where men grow beards is moved or repositioned. In the beginning, you may also experience mild injuries and muscle tightening, but these symptoms subside with the use of post-operative medications and proper skin care.