About “Fortis Hospital, Mulund”
- Established in 2002, Fortis Hospital in Mulund, Mumbai, is four times JCI accredited and NABH accredited too.
- Brand Fortis was established in 1996 that now has over 55 facilities in line to offer health facilities within India and outside India.
- Specializations include Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Urology, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Orthopaedics, Digestive Care, Emergency Care and Critical Care
- It is the first hospital in India to launch Electronic ICU.
- It has the first NABH accredited Blood Bank in India and three times NABL accredited Pathology Labs.
- The hospital has won a host of awards that include:
- ‘Medical Team of the Year Award’ at the British Medical Journal(BMJ) Awards India 2014.
- Won the ‘Asian Hospital Management Awards in 2014 for Patient Safety & HRD category.
- Won the ‘Asian Patient Safety Award in 2014 for the category Innovation in Staff Education.
- Bagged the ‘Best Patient Safety Award’ at the Healthcare Leadership Awards 2014.
- Two times winner of the ‘FICCI Healthcare Award for Operational Excellence’ in the years 2012 and 2013, respectively.
- Was awarded the ‘National Energy Conservation Award’ by the Honourable President of India (2012).
- Won the ‘Best Orthopaedic Hospital Award’ at the Indian Healthcare Awards 2011.
TEAM AND SPECIALITIES
- Healthcare team comprises of certified physicians of internal medicine, geriatrics and paediatrics, nurses, medical assistants, and skilled support staff.
- Cardiology team of doctors specializes in Cardiac By-pass Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Interventional Cardiology and Non-Invasive Cardiology.
- Emergency & Trauma Care is managed by ACLS Certified post graduates who are experts in handling all type of emergencies.
- There are trained intensivists and nurses in respective sub-specialties too, to ensure that the best result is achieved.
- Team of Dermatologists have successfully treated all forms of disfigurements including skin cancers and melanoma to acne and skin related problems.
- Along with 300 beds the multi specialty hospital also houses 48 Private classic Rooms & 21 Twin Classic Rooms, 48 Twin Premium Rooms, 2 Private Premium Rooms and 6 suites.
- Economy room can incorporate 8 adults (male) and 8 adults (female).
- All rooms are comfortable, quiet and contain all the amenities required for a safe and rested recovery.
- State-of-the-art ambulatory systems for emergencies along with Non-Invasive Image Processing, Echocardiography, Stress Tests, Cardiovascular CT’s and Thallium heart mapping.
- The Radiology Department is equipped with full range of radiological services related to MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Fluoroscopy, Mammography, Dexa, X-Rays and intervention procedures.
- Has well-equipped Life Support Ambulances.
- World class trauma facility is operational 24×7.
- A state-of-the-art 256 Slice Brilliance iCT Scanner is used across all Fortis Hospitals.
- Fortis Group is the first in the world to conduct Radiation Therapy.
- Brain Suite, CT based Brain Suite, equipped with Intra-Operative CT for brain and spine are used at all its branches.
- World’s first Digital MRI technology 3 Tesla is used across all the Fortis Hospitals.
- Blood bank is operational 24×7.
- Distance:16 km
- Duration: 25 mins
- Taxi: Available on call.
- Options of luxury, budget hotels and guest houses are available near the hospital.