About “NIMHANS National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences”
- Established in 1847 as Lunatic Asylum, NIMHANS is a multidisciplinary institute especially for neurosciences and mental health.
- It is one of the largest training centers for neuroscience and mental health professionals in the country.
- The institute has been successful in implementing various technological innovations.
- In 2011, a new device named as Inventa was developed by NIMHANS which is used as critical care ventilator.
- In 2012, NIMHANS was declared as Institute of National Importance by Government of India.
TEAM AND SPECIALITIES
- The hospital has highly skilled professionals providing patients with comprehensive care.
- Spanned in more than 135 acres, NIMHANS has Human Brain Bank started in 1995 and Advanced Centre for Ayurveda in 2002.
- It has many departments to cater various ailments including Biophysics, Human Genetics, Neurochemistry, Neuropathology, Neurophysiology, Neurosurgery, Neurology Transfusion Medicine, Haematology and more.
- Distance: 40 KMs
- Time: 1 Hour
- Distance: 3 KMs
- Time: 11 Minutes