About “Sankara Nethralaya”
- Accredited with NABL and NABH, Sankara Nethralaya is an eye hospital in Chennai, India.
- It has its services at five locations in Chennai, Rameshwaram, Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh and Kolkata.
- The hospital serves 1200 patients per day, performing 100 surgeries per day.
- It has won many awards, including Corporate Citizen Award in Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence, 2007, Best Eye Hospital in India by Outlook magazine and award from NASSCOM for the Best IT Adoption in Healthcare Sector.
- It is one of the first hospitals to implement electronic medical records in its facility with the procedures done in the OPD available online.
TEAM AND SPECIALITIES
- In 1990, the department of Medical Sociology was established to promote awareness of eye donation.
- The hospital started a unique teleophthalmology project in villages in a 100 KMs radius of Chennai with a mobile bus offering primary eye care.
- It has Jaslok Community Ophthalmic Centre which offers free services to economically weaker sections.
- The hospital has CU Shah Eye Bank started in 1979.
Chennai International Airport, Chennai
- Distance: 17 KMs
- Time: 40 Minutes
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Distance: 2200 KMs
- Time: 3 Hours (by Flight)
- Distance: 3 KMs
- Time: 9 Minutes