About “Shroff Eye Hospital”
- Shroff Eye Hospital was established in 1919.
- It is a single-specialty hospital.
- It is India’s first eye hospital to get accredited by the Joint Commission International (USA) and was re-accredited in 2009, 2012 & 2015.
- It is also the first eye hospital in Mumbai to use Corneal Collagen Cross Linking for keratoconus.
- The hospital is equipped with Wavelight 500Hz Concerto which is the fastest and most advanced technology in the world and the only one in India certified by ISO 9002.
TEAM AND SPECIALITIES
- Surgeries are performed for Cataract, retinal problems like Vitrectomy for retinal detachment, LASIK and EpiLASIK.
- It houses some of the best eye doctors of the country and provides treatment to simple as well as complex Eye problems under one roof.
- Dr. Ashok C. Shroff is one of the most experienced doctors of the hospital and has been awarded with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of India, for excellence in the field of Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Anand Shroff, the pioneer of wavefront guided and topography-guided LASIK in India, is one of the most reputed Eye doctors of this country.
- The hospital is equipped with a fully automated in-house laboratory, Disha Pathology Services, that provides X-rays and ECGs, screening, diagnosis and prognosis testing services to physicians, nursing homes, companies and various institutions in Mumbai.
- Has VisuMax which is a completely bladeless procedure and is fast, precise and minimal risk flap creation procedure.
- Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE) Surgery is performed using VisuMax.
- ReLex SMILE Surgery, a flapless Lenticule Extraction procedure, is also done here.
- Performs Photocoagulation with the help of portable Xenon machine.
- Procedures for post cataract cases include YAG Lasers treatment and treatment of retinal problems are done with Argon lasers.
- Phacoemulsification (a micro-incision technique of cataract surgery) is used here which is highly beneficial as the smaller incision helps in faster healing and visual rehabilitation.
- Distance: 5.3 kms
- Duration: 23 mins
- Railway Station
- Distance: 15 kms
- Duration: 46 mins
- Taxi is available on call.
- With a distance of 800metres, Hotel Oriental Residency is just 4 mins away from the hospital.
- Budget hotels and guest rooms are also available.